The Oregon Trail Commemorative half dollar was approved by Congress at the urging of Ezra Meeker. Meeker had originally traversed the Oregon Trail in 1850 in an oxen cart with his wife and baby.
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation offers protection and guarantees the MS-66 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of 12,008 coins.
- Designed by James Earle Fraser and Laura Gardin Fraser.
- Obverse: Features a Native American standing in front of a map of the United States with his left arm outstretched while holding a bow in his right hand.
- Reverse: Depicts an ox-drawn wagon traveling west towards the setting sun.
Protect and display your Oregon Trail Commemorative in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This coin will make an excellent addition to any collection. Add this 1937-D Oregon Commemorative Half Dollar to your cart today!