This Series 1934-A $1000 Federal Reserve Note from the scarce San Francisco district is well preserved with no distractions. Nice note for a high denomination type set! Currency Highlights:
- Evenly circulated $1000 note from series 1934-A in Very Fine+ condition.
- Light green Treasury Department seal.
- Front: bears the portrait of President Grover Cleveland facing right
- Back: text and design in dark green.
- Julian/Morgenthau signatures.
- Friedberg #2212-L.
- Last printed in 1945.
Housed in a Capital plastics deluxe currency holder.
This issue can be elusive as only 36,600 notes were originally issued for this district. These high denomination notes were last printed in 1945, and the government stopped issuing them in 1969.
Due to the limited numbers printed, these notes have become popular with currency collectors over the years.