Only $2.99 per item!
These $1 1957 Silver Certificates were printed from 1957 through 1963 and are of the 1957 through 1957-B Series. One Dollar Silver Certificates from the last of this type to be issued! These notes are Average Circulated condition (Very Good to Very Fine) and will make great gift ideas and conversation pieces.
- This denomination was the last to be issued in this type.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Circulated notes from series 1957 through 1957-B.
- These notes will range from Very Good to Very Fine condition.
- Each has a portrait of President George Washington.
Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Federal Reserve Notes were adopted for circulation in 1914 for all denominations but the One Dollar. This remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when the first $1 FRN's were printed. In the interim, these Silver Certificates were the mainstay of our dollar bills in day to day commerce. Although they are still legal tender, their redemption for Silver was ended by the government in 1968. These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection.
Series 1957 through 1957-B will be of our choice and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.