A true piece of history! Surviving more than 100 years without being circulated, the $20 Liberty is the largest American gold coin minted.
- Contains .9675 oz of Gold.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the condition of the coin.
- Obverse: This design is modelled after the Great Seal of the United States and includes a portrait of Lady Liberty facing the left and wearing a pearl crown inscribed with "Liberty." The year of mintage is also inscribed across the bottom.
- Reverse: Consists of an adaptations of the Crouching Venus, drawing its inspiration from the ancient Greco-Roman sculpture. Designed by the Mint's Cheif Engraver James Barton Longacre, the design also includes two engravings - "United States of America" across the top and the coin's face value, "Twenty Dollars," across the bottom Some Double Eagles will have a mint mark stamped just above the face value.
- Designed by James Barton Longacre and minted from 1850-1907.
- U.S. Mint issue from the following mints: Philadelphia, Denver or San Francisco.
NGC, one of the top two coin grading services, has guaranteed the Near Gem Brilliant Mint State-61 condition of this coin, adding collectability to the beloved design. Enhance your collection by adding this $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!
Dates on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
Gold Liberty Double Eagle -- why buy Pre-1933 Gold from APMEX?U.S. Gold Double Eagles from the years 1838-1907 are a great addition to any investment portfolio or numismatic collection. To buy Pre-1933 U.S. Gold for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Metal Content:||0.9675 troy oz|