|Grade:||Proof - 70 UCAM|
|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|
This coin has been graded a Perfect Reverse Proof-70 by NGC. The special 20th Anniversary label adds further collectibility to this beautiful issue from the U.S. Mint.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the authenticity and perfect PF-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse features a male eagle carrying an olive branch flying above a nest containing a female eagle and her eaglets.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y., featuring the W mint mark.
The beloved Gold Eagle design gains even more collectible value when certified by NGC as being in perfect PF-70 condition. Add this beautiful NGC certified Proof Gold American Eagle to your cart today!
The reverse proof coin is made in a similar manner as the proof coin since the dies and planchets receive special treatment before being used. On the proof coins the raised devices such as the letters are frosted and the fields are in deep mirror contrast to the frosted device. On a reverse proof, however, the fields are frosted and the devices are polished to a deep mirror finish.