Leftover dies from the San Francisco mint were sent to New Orleans with the 'S' mint mark already on the die. The 'O' mint mark was punched over the original mint mark causing this variety. Coin Highlights:
- Contains .77344 oz of Silver.
- This coin is in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Shows Liberty, facing left, wearing a Phrygian cap with the word "Liberty" on her hair band.
- Reverse: Features a bald eagle clutching an olive branch in one talon and a bundle of arrows in the other.
- This issue features the mint mark “O” for the New Orleans Mint just above the denomination.
This piece of history will instantly add value to your investment portfolio or personal collection. Add this 1882-O/S Morgan Silver Dollar to your cart today.
This 1882 New Orleans mint Morgan Silver Dollar is graded as being in Almost Uncirculated-50 condition and contains .7734 oz of Silver. Minted from 1878-1921, this design by George T. Morgan is considered to be one of the most beloved designs of American coinage.