The special red first strike label was issued for the 20th anniversary of the inception of the U.S. Mint's bullion series. This is the last year that NGC used the First Strikes designation befor switching to the Early Releases label.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-69 condition of the coin.
- First Strikes designation ensures that the coin was received for grading within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty walking confidently against the sun’s rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Containing a half ounce of Gold and featuring iconic designs, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2006 1/2 oz Gold Eagle to your cart today!