On December 17, 1903, Orville and Wilbur Wright successfully achieved the first powered, controlled flight. The U.S. Mint honored the centennial of this achievement with a $10 Proof Gold coin.Coin Highlights:
- Contains .4838 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the MS-69 condition of the coin..
- Obverse: Features overlapping portraits of Orville and Wilbur Wright, both facing the viewer.
- Reverse: Shows the 1903 Wright Flyer and an American bald eagle seen from above, along the North Carolina sand dune line.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Celebrate the centennial of human flight with this beautiful Brilliant Graded Gold coin. Add the 2003-W $10 Gold First Flight Commemorative coin to your cart today!
Gold -- why buy Gold from APMEX?Gold is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||W - West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.4838 troy oz|