This World War II emergency issue features a brown treasury seal and serial numbers, and bold Hawaii overprints. The notes in this listing are borderline Fine/Very Fine condition. Issued following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor for use in the Hawaian Islands!
- This denomination was one of four, along with the $5, $10, and $20 to be used for this pupose during the war.
- These notes come housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- All notes are from series 1935-A.
- Moderately circulated Fine/VF condition.
- Printed in the early 1940's and feature brown seal and serial numbers along with the familiar portrait of President George Washington.
- The back of each note has a large HAWAII overstamp in block letters across the middle.
Although many of these notes were printed during the war, they are seldom seen today! These historic notes would make great gift ideas for any currency collector! Friedberg#2300.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|