The Eisenhower Dollar was minted to honor President Dwight D. Eisenhower, specifically the success of the Apollo XI moon landing. This 20-Coin Roll of 1971-S Eisenhower Dollars grades MS-60 to MS-63.
- Each coin contains .3161 oz of Silver.
- Contains 20 coins in a plastic tube.
- Obverse: Features a striking profile of General/President Dwight David Eisenhower facing left with the legend of “LIBERTY” above his head. Underneath his chin is the motto “IN GOD WE TRUST” with the date at the base of his profile. Mintmarks appear below Eisenhower’s neck above the third and fourth number in the date of the coin.
- Reverse: Reflects the design of the Apollo XI’s insignia depicting an eagle, surrounded by 13 small stars, flying over the surface of the moon with an olive branch in his claws. The legend at the top displays “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” with the motto “E PLURIBUS UNUM” directly underneath, and the denomination of “ONE DOLLAR” at the bottom of the coin.
- Features the San Francisco Mint's "S" mintmark above the date.
Protect and preserve your Ike Dollars by adding a protective Dansco album to your order.
Preserve a part of American history by starting your own collection of Ike Dollars. Add to your collection by adding this roll of 1971-S Eisenhower Dollars to your cart today!
Pre-1965 40% Silver coins, sometimes referred to as junk Silver or scrap Silver, are a great way to start your Silver investments. These Silver coins were pulled from circulation with the introduction of copper/nickel clad coins and the rising demand of Silver. The public saved them for their 40% Silver content as a rainy day fund they can fall back on.