As low as $39.99 per coin over spot!
The 1 oz Gold Britannia is one of the most beautiful coins on the market.
- Coins produced prior to 2013 contain .9167 fine Gold, while coins issued starting in 2013 contain .9999 fine Gold.
- The fineness may vary but each coin will contain 1 oz of fine Gold.
- Individual coins are packaged in a protective plastic coin flip.
- Obverse: An effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: A depiction of the legendary figure of Britannia holding a trident and shield.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your Gold Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can even add a beautiful coin bezel to turn your Gold Britannia into fine jewelry.
Add this 1 oz Gold Britannia to your cart today!
Dates and conditions on these random year coins will be of our choosing and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
Over the years, the image of Britannia has altered slightly, with her maritime links being emphasized by switching her spear to a trident. Britannia is seen as a symbol of British unity, liberty and strength, meaning she resurfaces during particularly challenging times. Like Columbia in the U.S. and Marianne in France, Britannia becomes more prominent in times of war or when national pride is booming.
In 1987, Britannia’s image graced the new Gold bullion coin minted by the Royal Mint known as the Gold Britannia. These Gold coins have since grown in popularity as an investment and a collector’s piece. Gold Britannias are available in sizes as small as 1/20 oz and as large as 5 oz Gold coins. In 1997, the Royal Mint expanded this design to a Silver bullion coin known as the Silver Britannia. Over time, both the Gold Britannia and Silver Britannia have experienced changes in design and an increase in metal purity, making them major players in the modern coin market.