First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of the beloved Abigail Adams.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in original box from the U.S. Mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Abigail Adams.
- Reverse: Abigail requesting that her husband John "remember the ladies" when creating the framework for the new Republic.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Abigail Adams Gold Coin to your cart today!
Abigail Smith was born in Weymouth, Massachusetts, in 1744. As was customary for the time, Abigail did not receive formal education, but her quick mind and her curiosity for the world around her were nurtured in her family's library, and her desire to read and learn was encouraged.
She married John Adams, a young Harvard-educated attorney in 1764. President Adams acknowledged that Abigail had as much political insight as any of his colleagues, and that he valued her counsel above all others