This Proof First Spouse Gold coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of Abigail Adams. Each coin contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold, and this has been graded a perfect MS-70 by PCGS.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Abigail Adams.
- Reverse: A depiction of Abigail requesting that her husband John "remember the ladies" when creating the framework for the new Republic.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Abigail Smith was born in Weymouth, Massachusetts, in 1744. As was customary for the time, Abigail did not receive formal education, but her quick mind and her curiosity for the world around her were nurtured in her family's library, and her desire to read and learn was encouraged. She married John Adams, a young Harvard-educated attorney in 1764. President Adams acknowledged that Abigail had as much political insight as any of his colleagues, and that he valued her counsel above all others.