This 1877-S Trade Dollar exhibits XF details, but it has been cleaned. The U.S. Trade dollar was created for use in the Orient, in hopes that American trade could be carried out with them instead of Spanish dollars. In the five-year run that Trade Dollars were minted, less than 36 million pieces were struck. Coin Highlights:
- Contains .900 oz. of Silver.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in protective plastic tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Features Lady Liberty seated upon a bale of merchandise, with a foundation of “IN GOD WE TRUST,” with a ribbon in her left hand inscribed “LIBERTY,” and a bundle of wheat behind her as she sets next to coastal waters. Liberty holds an olive branch in her right hand, and thirteen stars fan out from Liberty’s head.
- Reverse: Depicts an eagle clutching three arrows and an olive branch with its wings outstretched. Above the eagle is the motto “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and below the eagle is the description “420 GRAINS .900 FINE.” The edge displays “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” and “TRADE DOLLAR.”
- This issue features the mint mark “S” for the San Francisco Mint just above the denomination.
Protect your Trade Dollars by adding a protective plastic tube to your order.
With only being minted for thirteen years, 1873-1885, the Trade Dollar remains highly collectable due to its uniqueness and high silver content. Add to your collection and increase you investments by including this 1877-S Trade Dollar Extra Fine Details (Cleaned) in your cart today.
Silver -- why buy Silver from APMEX?Silver is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||S - San Francisco|
|Metal Content:||0.7874 troy oz|