The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series includes a few releases for presidents who served without a spouse. This third release in the series corresponds with Thomas Jefferson, who had been a widower for 19 years when he became president. In such an instance, the First Spouse coin features a depiction of Lady Liberty as seen on U.S. coinage during that president's term.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Housed in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Portrays the image that appeared on the Draped Bust Half Cent coin as President Jefferson served his term without a spouse.
- Reverse: Depicts President Lincoln's monument at Monticello.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
These coins honor Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Gold Jefferson's Liberty First Spouse Coin to your cart today!