The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded a perfect MS-70 by NGC, honors Abigail Adams.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect Mint State 70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Abigail Adams.
- Reverse: President John Adams acknowledged that Abigail had as much political insight as any of his colleagues, and that he valued her counsel above all others in one of her most memorable letters, depicted on the reverse, Abigail Adams requested that her husband John "remember the ladies" when creating the framework for the new Republic.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this Abigail Adams coin to your cart today!
Abigail Smith was born in Weymouth, Massachusetts, in 1744. As was customary for the time, Abigail did not receive formal education, but her quick mind and her curiosity for the world around her were nurtured in her family's library, and her desire to read and learn was encouraged. She married John Adams, a young Harvard-educated attorney in 1764.