These Japanese 1,000 Yen Silver commemorative coins were issued to celebrate the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Officially known as the "Games of the XVIII Olympiad", these Olympic Games were also the very first to be held in Asia.
The Games were scheduled for mid-October to avoid the city's midsummer heat and humidity and also the September typhoon season.
- Contain .5948 oz actual Silver weight.
- Individual coins are packaged in a protective plastic coin flip.
- Coins will be in Almost Uncirculated to Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
- Obverse: Depicts Mount Fuji in between sprays of cherry blossoms.
- Reverse: Shows denomination above Olympic rings, surrounded by "1964 Tokyo", cherry blossoms and Japanese date "Showa 39" which translates to 1964 of the Gregorian calendar.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These Japanese Silver coins are the perfect fit for any Olympic coin collector. Add them to your cart today!