First release in the five-coin Orbit & Beyond Series.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin is housed in an elliptical-shaped Silver display case, also contains a numbered certificate of authenticity. The case comes in a blue box-shipper depicting a Shuttle blast-off.
- Mintage of only 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value.
- Reverse: This Silver bi-metallic coin features in color Apollo 11 during different phases of its historic mission and an astronaut’s footprint on the surface of the Moon. These elements, which appear on a colored representation of the Universe, together with the border inscription 1969 "FIRST MAN ON THE MOON", literally orbit around a colored image of Earth. the famous satellite in orbit. Thanks to the unique construction of the orbital coin, Sputnik literally revolves around an image of the Earth. The design also includes the border inscription "SPUTNIK 50TH ANNIVERSARY 1957-2007".
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
The first release from The Perth Mint’s exciting 5-Coin Orbit and Beyond Series takes advantage of a revolutionary new design concept of the orbital coin.
The coin celebrates the 50th Anniversary of Sputnik, which was launched by the Soviet Union on 4 October 1957. The first man-made satellite to orbit the world, Sputnik’s success triggered the Space Race and efforts to realize the ultimate dream of landing men on the Moon.