Mintage of only 17,149! First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse release pays tribute to the accomplishments of Abigail Adams.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect PF-70 Ultra Cameo condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Abigail Adams.
- Reverse: President John Adams acknowledged that Abigail had as much political insight as any of his colleagues, and that he valued her counsel above all others in one of her most memorable letters, depicted on the reverse, Abigail Adams requested that her husband John "remember the ladies" when creating the framework for the new Republic.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coin to your cart today!
Abigail Smith was born in Weymouth, Massachusetts, in 1744. As was customary for the time, Abigail did not receive formal education, but her quick mind and her curiosity for the world around her were nurtured in her family's library, and her desire to read and learn was encouraged. She married John Adams, a young Harvard-educated attorney in 1764.