The Eisenhower Dollar was introduced to celebrate President Dwight D. Eisenhower and the Apollo XI moon landing. This 1972 Type 2 is the key Eisenhower Dollar variety, adding further collectible appeal to the beloved design.
- Contains no Silver.
- Comes in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Profile of President Eisenhower with "Liberty" above his head and "In God We Trust" and the date below.
- Reverse: Design of the Apollo XI insignia showing an eagle flying over the surface of the moon with Earth in the distance, all surrounded by 13 small stars. "United States of America" is above and the denomination is below.
- The Type 2 Eisenhower Dollars feature a round Earth and weak or indistinct islands on the reverse.
- The Philadelphia Mint did not produce a mintmark.
Protect and preserve your Eisenhower Dollars by adding a protective Dansco album to your order.
Preserve a part of American history by starting your own collection of Eisenhower Dollars. Add this 1972 Type 2 Eisenhower Dollar to your cart today!
Silver -- why buy Silver from APMEX?Silver is one of the world's favorite bullion investments and is a popular way to diversify one's wealth. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||P - Philadelphia|
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|