|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|
The first of the small size silver certificates were issued near the end of Calvin Coolidge's presidency. These notes marked a new era in U.S. currency design and small size. Nice quality notes for a type set!
- One the first small size Silver Certificates issued.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- These Silver Certificates are in Very Fine condition.
- Face: Portrait of George Washington with "Silver Certificate" above and "One Dollar" below.
- Back: Large ONE with ONE DOLLAR superimposed at center (known as a "Funny Back").
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Although these first three series of small size One Dollar Silvers were printed in large numbers, nice intact examples of these notes are not that easy to find due to their heavy usage during the Great Depression. Add some of these great collector’s items to your cart today!
Series of our choice, 1928 through 1928-B are limited to stock at hand.
Series 1928 through 1928-B Silver Certificates were printed from April of 1928 through May of 1933. This reduction in size from the older large size notes was done as a cost saving measure with all paper currency being used at that time.