These first small-size silvers will be from series 1928 through 1928-B. These notes and will be in borderline Very Fine/Extra Fine condition.
- One the first small size Silver Certificates issued.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- These Silver Certificates will be in Very Fine/Extra Fine condition.
- Face: Portrait of George Washington with "Silver Certificate" above and "One Dollar" below.
- Back: Large “ONE” with “ONE DOLLAR” superimposed at center.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Although these first three series of small size One Dollar Silvers were printed in large numbers, nice intact examples of these notes are not that easy to find due to their heavy usage during the Great Depression. Add some of these great collector’s items to your cart today!
Series of our choice (1928 through 1928-B) based upon available inventory.
Series 1928 through 1928-B Silver Certificates were printed from April of 1928 through May of 1933. This reduction in size from the older large size notes was done as a cost saving measure with all paper currency being used at that time.