These first small-size silvers will be from series 1928 through 1928-B. These notes and will be in borderline Very Fine/Extra Fine condition.
- These are one the first small size Silver Certificates issued.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- These Silver Certificates will be in Very Fine/Extra Fine condition.
- Face: Portrait of George Washington with "Silver Certificate" above and "One Dollar" below.
- Back: Large “ONE” with “ONE DOLLAR” superimposed at center.
Although these first three series of small size One Dollar Silvers were printed in large numbers, nice intact examples of these notes are not that easy to find due to their heavy usage during the Great Depression. Add some of these great collector’s items to your cart today!
Series 1928 through 1928-B Silver Certificates were printed from April of 1928 through May of 1933. This reduction in size from the older large size notes was done as a cost saving measure with all paper currency being used at that time. The notes in this listing will be in high end Very Fine to Extra Fine condition. Series of our choice (1928 through 1928-B).
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Grade:||Very Fine/Extra Fine|
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|