These are the first 1/2 oz Gold coins in the U.S. Mint's history that have the metal content as .9999 fine. This "Liberty" is based on the Draped Bust Half Cent executed by Robert Scot and minted 1800-1808, during Jefferson’s presidency.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect MS-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Portrays the selected image that appeared on the Draped Bust Half-Cent coin from 1800–1808, because prior and during his death, President Jefferson had served his term without a spouse.
- Reverse: Depicts the President’s monument at Monticello, where it contains the epitaph that he wrote before his death.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Thomas Jefferson married his wife, Martha, in 1772. Unfortunately, Martha died in 1782, leaving Jefferson a widower when he took office in 1800.