Severus Alexander, the last emperor of the Severan dynasty, acceded to the throne upon the assassination of Elagabalus in 222. Being Roman emperor had its hazards, and Alexander was himself assassinated in 235.
- Coins in this listing come from the Seven Hills Hoard.
- Contains .10 oz Silver.
- Approximately 19 mm in diameter.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the Extra Fine certification.
- Obverse: Bust facing right surrounded by the text "IMP SEV ALEXAND AVG".
- Reverse: Designs may vary.
Display your ancient Silver coin in style by adding a beautiful presentation box to your order.
Ancient Silver makes a unique addition to any collection. Add this Roman Denarius Severus Alexander Silver coin to your cart today!
The Seven Hills make up the heart of Rome, within the walls of the ancient city. This area has become famous for being the discovery location of more than 7,000 ancient Silver coins, thought to have been buried around 250 AD.
Since ancient Roman coins were hand-struck, no two coins are alike. Most of the Seven Hills Hoard have been certified by NGC.