This Series 1922 $10 Gold Certificate features a portrait of Michael Hillegas, 1st Treasurer of the United States at center. This note looks Extra Fine at first glance.
- This denomination features a gold seal and gold serial numbers.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Features a central portrait of Michael Hillegas, 1st Treasurer of the United States with Speelman/White signatures.
- Back: Golden orange printing is featured throughout. The Great Seal of the United States is surrounded by sun rays in the center with the number 10 in each corner.
- 1922 is the last year of the Large Size Gold Certificates.
- This example has solid Very Fine plus condition.
Gold Certificates, like circulating Gold coins were withdrawn from circulation in 1933 as part of President Franklin Roosevelt's banking policies to counteract the effects of the Great Depression. Although no longer redeemable for Gold, they are still legal tender. Friedberg#1173.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|