|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|
Gold Certificates, like Gold coins, were removed from circulation in 1933 as part of President Franklin Roosevelt's banking policies. Michael Hillegas, the first Treasurer of the United States, is featured on this last year of the Large Gold Certificate.
- This denomination features a Gold seal and Gold serial numbers.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Features a central portrait of Michael Hillegas, first treasurer of the United States with Speelman/White signatures.
- Back: Golden orange printing is featured throughout. The Great Seal of the United States is surrounded by sun rays in the center with the number 10 in each corner.
- 1922 is the last year of the Large Size Gold Certificates.
- This note is a nice Fine example with honest wear.
This series, featuring brightly colored backs, is from the end of an era in U.S. currency. Add one of these classics to your cart today!