This series 1899 $1 Silver Certificate is known as the "Black Eagle" note due to the prominence of the eagle on the front. This bill was printed more than 115 years ago, making it a great collectible item.
- This type of Silver Certificate was issued beginning in 1899.
- This note has Very Fine Details.
- Elliott/White signatures.
- Face: Large eagle perched above small portraits of Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant.
- Back: Obligation language with a large number "1" in each corner among stylized scrollwork.
These notes are popular among collectors with the eagle perched above small presidential portraits. Add this 1899 $1 Silver Certificate to your cart today!
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|