In 1993, the Royal Australian Mint issued this $200 Gold coin to commemorate the centenary of the modern day Olympic Games. The first Olympic Games of modern era were held in Athens, Greece in 1896.
Frenchman Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), is considered the father of the modern Olympic Games.
- Contains .4959 oz actual Gold weight.
- Coin is in Proof condition and comes in protective plastic flip.
- Struck at the Royal Australian Mint in Canberra.
- Obverse: Features a gymnast in flight, the Olympic rings above dates 1896-1996, and a laurel wreath.
- Reverse: Depicts the Raphael Maklouf portrait of Queen Elizabeth II, denomination and date.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful Australian Gold coin celebrating sportsmanship and athletic history to your collection today!