Nice Confederate $50 note from the 1864 issue bearing a portrait of CSA President Jefferson Davis. This quality note would fit well in any collection.
- This is from the last group of notes issued by the Confederate States during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Extra Fine example with no distractions.
- Face: Popular note with a portrait of CSA President Jefferson Davis at center.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in blue.
This note is an affordable example of CSA paper money used during the Civil War. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Cataloged as T-66.
This note has seen some wear, but is intact without the usual damages typical of these CSA paper money issues due to the quality of paper being used.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
These Confederate issues were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value. They have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs.