Well preserved CSA 1864 50 Cent fractional note with a bust of Jefferson Davis facing right. Nice pink paper and Choice Uncirculated condition.
- This is from the last group of notes issued by the Confederate States during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- A choice Uncirculated example.
- Face: Features a cameo bust of CSA President Jefferson Davis facing right at top center.
- Back: Intentionally left blank.
These have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
Catalogued as T-72.
This note has seen some wear, but is intact without the usual damages typical of these CSA paper money issues due to the quality of paper being used.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
This is the only denomination of Fractional currency the Confederacy issued during the war. These were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value.