$5.00 Silver Certificates were the workhorse of their day and were not saved in quantity. These notes feature blue ink on the face with a green back. Nice affordable notes for the beginning collector!
- $5 Silver Certificate Star ★ Notes issued beginning in 1953.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Circulated notes from series 1953 through 1953-C in Very Good to Very Fine condition.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
These Star ★ Notes will be Series 1953 through 1953-C of our choice and limited to available inventory.
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
Series 1953 $5 Silver Certificates star notes were printed in limited numbers, and are more difficult to locate than their regular issue counterparts. $5 Silvers saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s.