These large size $10 Gold Certificates are always popular due to their color and design--not to mention the fact that these notes could be exchanged for gold coin prior to 1933.
- This denomination features a gold seal and gold serial numbers.
- Each note comes in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Features a central portrait of Michael Hillegas, 1st Treasurer of the United States with Speelman/White signatures.
- Back: Golden orange printing is featured throughout. The Great Seal of the United States is surrounded by sun rays in the center with the number 10 in each corner.
- 1922 is the last year of the Large Size Gold Certificates.
- The notes in this listing are in Very Good condition with typical wear for that grade.
This series, featuring brightly colored backs, is from the end of an era in U.S. currency. Add one of these classics to your cart today!
Gold Certificates, like circulating gold coins were withdrawn from circulation in 1933 as part of President Franklin Roosevelt's banking policies to counteract the effects of the Great Depression. Although no longer redeemable for gold, they are still legal tender. This note has a portrait of Michael Hillegas, 1st Treasurer of the United States on the front. Notes in this listing have seen lots of circulation and are in Very Good condition. Priced right! Friedberg#1173.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or to chat live with our product expert. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|