Struck during the reign of George V, these are the only sovereigns issued by South Africa. Most investment portfolio's will include sovereigns.
These are the only Sovereigns dated after 1925 until regular coinage ceased in 1932. The Sovereign would not be struck again in quantity until 1957!
- Contains .2354 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in tubes. Lesser quantities will be in protective plastic flips.
- Coins in this listing are Average Circulated.
- Obverse: Depicts the bust of King George V.
- Reverse: A rendition of St. George mounted on horseback slaying a dragon, designed by Benedetto Pistrucci.
- Minted at the Pretoria Mint in South Africa.
Protect your Gold sovereign value in style by adding attractive capsules recommended for this coin.
When Sovereign production ceased in Great Britain after 1925, the Pretoria Mint took over and produced these Gold coins through 1933. If you are looking for Sovereigns dated after 1925, this is the coin you need! Add some of these historic Gold Sovereign coins to your cart today!
Random Years - Dates (1925-1932) will be of our choice and may or may not vary, determined by available inventory.