One of the most beautiful and famous pieces of currency that the United States ever printed was the Series 1896 $1.00 Silver Certificate (a.k.a. Educational note). It depicts "History Instructing Youth" at the center.
- Lowest denomination of this famous series issued.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Circulated notes from series 1896 in Very Good condition with much wear, but basically intact.
- Face: A vignette of "History Instructing Youth".
- Back: Dual portraits of George and Martha Washington.
Silver Certificates are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. These notes were backed by and could be redeemed for silver coin! Add one of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Series 1896 Silver Certificates were issued in denominations of $1.00, $2.00 and $5.00. These are referred to as the Educational Series for their artistic designs. These notes are some of the most in demand of all U.S. paper money!