In 1986, the U.S. Mint released the first Gold American Eagle, which saw instant popularity across the country. Featuring a classic design in 1 oz of Gold, these coins are guaranteed by the U.S. Mint and are a favorite among collectors and investors.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Mintage of only 356,555 coins.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 are packaged in “Monster Boxes.” All other coins will be in protective plastic flips.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
With its beauty, patriotic design and legal tender status, Gold American Eagle coins provide diversity to investment portfolios with a hard asset that is both secure and internationally recognized. Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
Gold American Eagles -- why buy Gold from APMEX?The American Gold Eagle is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. To buy U.S. Gold Eagles for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Gold! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||Not Shown - West Point|
|Metal Content:||1 troy oz|