This commemorative half dollar was issued to honor the 100th anniversary of the first manned, powered flight by Orville and Wilbur Wright, which took place on December 17, 1903 near the town of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
- Contains Copper/Nickel bonded to an inner core of pure Copper.
- Comes in protective plastic capsule.
- Mintage of only 57,122 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Wright Monument, located at Kill Devil Hill near Kitty Hawk.
- Reverse: An image of the Wright 1903 Flyer making its historic first flight. Orville is aboard the flyer, while Wilbur is on the ground below.
Protect and display your First Flight Centennial coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 2003 First Flight Centennial coin to your cart today!