This note has seen lots of circulation, but is still intact, and is a decent note for the grade.
- Last of this type issued for circulation.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- These notes are in Very Good condition.
- Face: Features a portrait of Andrew Jackson with "The United States of America" above and "Twenty Dollars" below.
- Back: Depicts a portrait of the White House.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Gold Certificates are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. These notes are always desirable for their Gold seal and serial numbers. Add one of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Woods/Melon signatures—Friedberg #2402.
When issued, these notes were backed by and redeemable for Gold coin! President Franklin D. Roosevelt's issuance of Executive order 6102 in April, 1933 called for the redemption of Gold coin and Gold certificates, and stopped the redemption of these notes for Gold coin.
Gold Certificates remain Legal Tender however, and are a favorite among collectors.