This is a scarce note, with just over 5.5 million Series 1928 $50 Gold Certificates printed, and they are in high demand. It also features bright yellow color on the Treasury Seal and Serial Numbers
- Last of this type issued for circulation.
- Comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Circulated note from series 1928 in Very Fine condition.
- Face: Features a portrait of President Ulysses S. Grant.
- Back: A wonderful engraving of the U.S. Capitol.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
Gold Certificates are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add one of these great historical conversation pieces to your cart today!
Woods/Mellon signatures— Friedberg #2404.
The last of this type to be produced before the Gold recall of 1933, this paper money is from a bygone era when it had the backing of Gold coins, not just the government's promise to pay.