This commemorative half dollar was issued to mark the recovery of the Bald Eagle species and the 35th anniversary of the Endangered Species Act of 1973. Bald Eagles were removed from the endangered and threatened species list in 2003.
- Contains Copper/Nickel bonded to an inner core of pure Copper.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees the Proof 69 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features two eaglets and an egg in an eagle’s nest.
- Reverse: Image of the bald eagle Challenger, a non-releasable bald eagle who has been trained to fly free at major events during the National Anthem, with an American flag in background.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Display your certified Bald Eagle coin by adding a beautiful presentation box to your order.
This beautiful commemorative coin would make a perfect gift or collectible. Add this certified 2008 Bald Eagle Half Dollar to your cart today!