1954 is the key date of this series of large Mexican Silver coins, minted from 1951 to 1954. These are rarely available, and even scarcer in uncirculated condition.
- Contains .643 oz of pure Silver, as 27.778 g of .720 fine.
- 40 mm in diameter, roughly the size of an American Silver Eagle.
- With a mintage of only 30,000, the 1954 is the final and key date of this series.
- Obverse: Features the side profile of Don Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, a hero of the Mexican War of Independence.
- Reverse: The Mexican coat of arms, denomination, purity, and year of mintage.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this Mexican Silver 5 Pesos Hidalgo coin to your cart today!
Cataloged in Krause as KM#467.