These 1991 1/2 oz Gold American Eagles not only feature the beloved Gold Eagle design, but have the lowest mintage of the series with just 24,100 coins. All Gold Eagles are guaranteed by the U.S. Mint, providing a secure name to this American favorite.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- 1991 (MCMXCI) is the last year the U.S. Mint used Roman numerals in the date.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic flips.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing in the wind against sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek, the reverse shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
Protect and display your Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These 1991 1/2 Gold Eagles have the lowest mintage of the series, providing higher collectibilty on these bullion coins. Add the hard to find Gold coin to your cart today!
Gold American Eagles -- why buy Gold from APMEX?The American Gold Eagle is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. To buy U.S. Gold Eagles for your investment portfolio, call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Gold! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium.
|Mint Mark:||N/A West Point|
|Metal Content:||0.5 troy oz|