Only $11.99 per item!
Almost uncirculated 1953 $2 Red Seals! The series you receive will be of our choosing from 1953 through 1953-C, determined by stock on hand.
- These $2 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1953.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Average circulated notes from series 1953 through 1953-C.
- These notes will be in Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Each note has a portrait of President Thomas Jefferson on the front with an engraving of his Virginia home, Monticello on the back.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $2 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960's when the denomination was discontinued. The deuce was revived in 1976 as a Federal Reserve Note. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers make them great collector items.
Series 1953 $2 United States Notes were printed in large numbers, and they saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960's. These $2 Red Seals are popular with collectors! Series 1953 through 1953-C of our choice and limited to available inventory.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|