Any quantity only $3.49 per item!
One Dollar Silver Certificates. Series of our choice - from 1957 through 1957-B. Notes in this listing will be in Extra Fine condition.
- This denomination was the last to be issued in this type.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Circulated notes from series 1957 through 1957-B.
- These notes are in Extra Fine condition.
- Each has a portrait of President George Washington. The back features the Great Seal of the United States.
Series 1957 through 1957-B will be of our choice and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
Federal Reserve Notes were adopted for circulation in 1914 for all denomination but the One Dollar. This remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when the first $1 FRN's were printed. In the interim, these Silver Certificates were the mainstay of our dollar bills in day to day commerce. Although they are still legal tender, their redemption for Silver was ended by the government in 1968.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|