First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of the beloved Louisa Adams.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Louisa Adams.
- Reverse: Designed by Donna Weaver and sculpted by Charles Vickers, illustrates Louisa and her son making the treacherous journey across Europe to Paris.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Louisa Adams Gold coin to your cart today!
Louisa Adams was the only first lady to be born on foreign soil. Louisa was born in London and did not step foot on American soil until after her marriage to John Quincy Adams. Before her husband's presidency, Louisa and the children lived in St. Petersburg while John lived and worked in Paris. Following the War of 1812, John moved his wife and children to Paris. This move turned out to be a treacherous 40-day sleigh ride through Europe.