Only $6.99 per item!
This series marks the last of the $5 red seal notes. These U.S. Notes are in cull to good condition. Examples in this listing may have missing corners, tears, stains, etc. These make great gifts for the beginning collector!
- These $5 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1963.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Heavily circulated notes from series 1963.
- These notes will be in Cull to Good condition.
- Each note has a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln on the front with an engraving of the Lincoln Memorial on the back.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960's when the denomination was discontinued. Although obsolete, they are still legal tender and their red seals & serial numbers together with a low price make them great collector items.