Only $5.99 per item!
This series marks the last of the $5 red seal notes. These U.S. Notes are in cull to good condition. Examples in this listing may have missing corners, tears, staining, etc. These make great gifts for the beginning collector!
- These $5 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1963.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Heavily circulated notes from series 1963.
- These notes will be in Cull to Good condition.
- Each note has a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln on the front with an engraving of the Lincoln Memorial on the back.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960's when the denomination was discontinued. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers and low price make them great collector items.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|