Only $6.99 per item!
These $5 Silver Certificates will be Series of our choice from 1953 through 1953-B. Cull-Good condition notes can have problems such as writing, stains, holes, missing corners, etc.
- These $5 Silver Certificates were issued beginning in 1953.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Low grade notes from series 1953 through 1953-C.
- These notes will be in Cull to Good.
- Each note has a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln on the front with an engraving of the Lincoln Memorial on the back.
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
Series 1953 $5 Silver Certificates were printed in large numbers, and they saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s. These $5 Silver Certificates are popular with collectors, and these will be Series 1953 through 1953-C of our choice and limited to available inventory.
Currency -- why buy Currency from APMEX?Currency such as Federal Reserve Notes, Silver Certificates, Gold Certificates and Legal Tender Issues are all popular collectibles and a nice addition to any numismatic collection. Call our Account Managers toll free at (800) 375-9006 or click on the “Live Chat” button. APMEX is where to buy Precious Metals! Also, you can come to us when it is time to sell Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Currency.
|Metal Content:||0 troy oz|
|Manufacturer:||Bureau of Engraving & Printing|