First of the small size $5 Silver Certificates! Series of our choice - from 1934 through 1934-D. These are notes that are off quality culls, with inked writing, holes, tears, or stains.
- These $5 Silver Certificates were issued beginning in 1934.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Low grade notes from series 1934 through 1934-D.
- These notes will be Culls in Good or worse condition.
- Each note has a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln on the front with an engraving of the Lincoln Memorial on the back.
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960's when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
Series 1934 $5 Silver Certificates were printed in large numbers, and they saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s. These $5 Silver Certificates are popular with collectors, and these will be Series 1934 through 1934-D of our choice and limited to available inventory. These notes will have problems or some type of an issue with the note, regardless of how big or small, then this is where you'll find it--but they are priced CHEAP!