Portrait of William Meredith, Secretary of the Treasury (1849-1850) during the brief administration of President Zachary Taylor.
- Red Treasury seal with a short, thick key.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Face: Bears a portrait of William Meredith, Secretary of the Treasury (1849-1850) at left.
- Back: Green printing of the obligation at right with an intricate border with the numeral “10” and Roman “X” at the corners.
- This note is a well preserved example in Almost Uncirculated condition.
These Fractional Currency notes come from an era when coins did not circulate, and other means were used to fill that gap for everyday transactions in commerce. Add this 5th Issue Fractional Currency of 10 Cents to your order today!