This Ten Cent Fractional note is part of the Fifth Issue, printed from 1874-1876. These feature a portrait of William Meredith, Secretary of the Treasury in the cabinet of President Zachary Taylor.
- Features the short, thick Treasury key.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is a well preserved example in Extra Fine condition.
- Face: Bears a portrait of William Meredith, Secretary of the Treasury (1849-1850) at left.
- Back: Green printing of the obligation at right with an intricate border with the numeral “10” and Roman “X” at the corners.
- Allison/Spinner signatures—Friedberg #1266.
These Fractional Currency notes come from an era when coins did not circulate, and other means were used to fill that gap for everyday transactions in commerce. Add this 5th Issue Fractional Currency of 10 Cents to your order today!